Empire of Stars

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EoS is a secret organization. Our mission is to lower worldsuck, thus making the world a cooler place. We would be pleased if you would join us.

4 posters

Day 239 - Discovering a new city

Keylee Sachael
    Keylee Sachael
    Admiral
    Admiral

Day 239 - Discovering a new city Empty Day 239 - Discovering a new city

Post by Keylee Sachael Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:37 pm

I landed my ship on the beach, wondering where I was. The island was stunning. Tall palm trees and small rocky mountains filled the landscape. I pulled out my phone to call my friends and tell them about this. "Hello Silver Comet." I jumped and dropped my phone, hearing someone speak my name. I turned around slowly, a mermaid was sitting out on a rock in the water. She waved and swished the end of her tail in the water. She was beautiful. Her curly hair was emerald green and flowed down past her waist. The emerald green scales of her tail sparkled under the moonlight. Her eyes were gold. She was wearing a top that just covered her chest. It looked to be made of actual emeralds. Gold cuffs covered both of her wrist. "Hello." I said nervously. "Excuse me but, where am I and how do you know my name? I asked. "You are on Bright Water Island", she smiled "I know all. My name is Alenne and I am the Queen of the mermaids here. It is nice to see a human" All around her I saw more mermaids emerging from the water. They were all just as beautiful, each one with a different color hair. She went on to tell me the history of the island. I was horrified to hear about the attack of the poachers. She said that they now protected the island, but they needed help. They were not able to take care of the land. They needed the help of humans but no one knew about the island. "Queen Alenne, I have never seen a place as miraculous as this island. I adore everything about it. I myself am very passionate about the ocean. It would be my pleasure to help you in ever way possible. She smiled and starred into eyes. A jolt went through my body making me weak at the knees. "What do you hear, Silver Comet?" she asked me. I heard voices in my head. I could sense that it was coming from fish, whales, dolphins, turtles, and all sorts of marine life. They whispered greetings to me. Shock spread across my face. Alenne laughed, "I have granted you the ability to speak with the inhabitants of the water. If there are any problems, they will be able to let you know immediately." she told me. I was filled with joy and shock at the same time. "Thank you so much! I will do everything in my power to protect your people and this Island. I can't explain to you how much I appreciate it." I told her. She laughed and continued to tell me all about the island. I was overwhelmed with it all. "It is time I get back to work. If you need anything, just yell for us and we will be here. After she left I started to wander around the city. I found my phone and called all of my friends to tell them about the new city! I told them to track my ship and they should be able to find it. I continued to explore my new home, completely in awe.
    Jace Hadraniel
    Jace Hadraniel
    Crewman
    Crewman

Day 239 - Discovering a new city Empty Re: Day 239 - Discovering a new city

Post by Jace Hadraniel Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:41 pm

As I got closer to the island the sky started to turn dark. I looked down at the water and saw a massive coral reef. I couldn't believe that this had been here all along and no one knew. Even from the sky it looked great. I circled around, finally spotting Silver on the beach. I landed my ship and got out. The Island was great, it really did look like a tropical paradise, only at night. The moon was very bright though, it was easy to see. Silver was sitting on the beach gazing out at the water. It seemed like she didn't even hear me come up. I walked over to her. She looked liked she was really concentrating on something.
    Keylee Sachael
    Keylee Sachael
    Admiral
    Admiral

Post by Keylee Sachael Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:52 pm

I was sitting on the beach listening to the dolphins in my head. I found that I could single out a certain animal or group, listening to everything all at once was very confusing. If I ignored it, I could just hear a faint buzz of their voices. A group of dolphins were together performing tricks under the water. When I focused like this it felt like I was a dolphin. I looked up and saw Tristin approaching. He greeted me and came to sit down beside me.
    Jace Hadraniel
    Jace Hadraniel
    Crewman
    Crewman

Post by Jace Hadraniel Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:58 pm

"This island is amazing, Silver. Can you believe this was here all along?" I asked her. She didn't respond. She just sat there with that weird look on her face like her mind was on another planet. I grabbed her shoulder and shook her easily. "Silver? What are you thinking about?" I asked.
    Keylee Sachael
    Keylee Sachael
    Admiral
    Admiral

Post by Keylee Sachael Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:00 am

"Oh I'm sorry. I'm not thinking, I'm listening to the dolphins." He looked at me like I was crazy. I explained to him about the mermaids and what had happened.
    Skyler Sofiel
    Skyler Sofiel
    Admiral
    Admiral

Post by Skyler Sofiel Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:42 am

I landed on the island and walked over to Silver, who was sitting with Tristin. "Hey, Silver and Tristin!" I said, smiling.
    Jace Hadraniel
    Jace Hadraniel
    Crewman
    Crewman

Post by Jace Hadraniel Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:47 am

"Hello Lynette. Welcome to Bright Water Island." Silver was back to concentrating on the dolphins. "Silver here is talking to the dolphins." I shook her again to get her attention. She jumped looking surprised.
    Keylee Sachael
    Keylee Sachael
    Admiral
    Admiral

Post by Keylee Sachael Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:50 am

"Hey Lynette!" I jumped up and hugged her. "Isn't this great!" I said joyfully. "Hello Lynette Braque, welcome to the Island!" I heard another voice say. Queen Alenne had came back. She was staring at Lynette, she looked almost like she recognized her, or saw something about her.
    Skyler Sofiel
    Skyler Sofiel
    Admiral
    Admiral

Post by Skyler Sofiel Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:53 am

"Yeah, it looks lovely!" I replied to Silver as I heard someone say hello to me. I turned around slowly. "Hi," I said. She had a tone to her voice that she knew me, but I had never met this woman before. I was sure of it.
    Keylee Sachael
    Keylee Sachael
    Admiral
    Admiral

Post by Keylee Sachael Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:57 am

"Lynette, this is Queen Alenne. She and her mermaids protect the waters around the island here." I told Lynette. "Yes we do." said the Queen. "Lynette, you have been very noble. Tell me, how are things in your city right now?" she asked.
    Skyler Sofiel
    Skyler Sofiel
    Admiral
    Admiral

Post by Skyler Sofiel Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:01 am

I was shocked, but tried not to let it show on my face. "Um, pretty good. I think my friend Zane is going to be moving in. But he's just staying for a few days as of right now." I said to the Mermaid.
    Keylee Sachael
    Keylee Sachael
    Admiral
    Admiral

Post by Keylee Sachael Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:15 am

I was surprised at how the Queen seemed to know about Lynette. Well, she did tell me she was all knowing. She laughed and flipped her tail "That will be excellent. I feel that you need him more than you know." She winked at Lynette, obviously knowing how they felt about each other. Lynette turned red, looking even more shocked. "Lynette dear, I can not tell you any more. I know many things of which I cannot speak of, the seas of this planet whisper to me. There is something I can give you, something I feel that you will need in the future." What is she talking about? I wondered. The Queen dived down into the water. She came back up very close to the beach, laying in the sand. She looked up at Lynette and raised her hands. A gold ball started to form in her hands. She closed her eyes, the ball started changing colors from green to red to white to blue. She opened her eyes and the ball went flying at Lynette. Lynette fell to the ground. "Oh my God, Lynette!" I ran over to her. "Alenne what was that?!" I asked. "You will find out soon enough my dear, it is time for me to go now. Remember Silver, if you need me, I will be here." Alenne slipped back down under the water, disappearing. The Queen was very mysterious, it amazed me how she had been her so long and we knew nothing of it. I was glad to have finally found her. I turned my attention back to Lynette. Tristin had bended down beside her. "Lynette?" I asked, feeling scared.
    Skyler Sofiel
    Skyler Sofiel
    Admiral
    Admiral

Post by Skyler Sofiel Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:20 am

"What the hell was that?!?!" I shouted. But I felt an overwhelming feeling of power. "Gosh.. I don't think it's very nice to be throwing glowing gold balls at people." I said sarcastically, trying to lighten up the situation.
    Keylee Sachael
    Keylee Sachael
    Admiral
    Admiral

Post by Keylee Sachael Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:29 am

I couldn't help but laugh at Lynette's expression, she was fine. "I think she knows a lot more than we think. Are you sure your ok? You don't hear fish in your head do you?" I asked. Lynette looked at me funny. "She hit me with something and now I'm able to talk to the marine life here. I couldn't see what it was though, and it didn't knock me out" I said, answering the question that was written on her face. "Do you think you can stand up?" I asked.
    Jace Hadraniel
    Jace Hadraniel
    Crewman
    Crewman

Post by Jace Hadraniel Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:29 am

"Lynette, whatever she did to you must of been very important from the way she talked. It seems that you should be keeping a close eye on your city." I told Lynette. The mermaid Queen had obviously hinted at something. She had said that the seas whispered to hear. I wondered if Silver would be able to figure out what she was talking about, since she has the same gift. I would have to talk to her about it later. "Do you feel any different?" I asked Lynette. I reached for her hand helping her up off of the beach.
    Skyler Sofiel
    Skyler Sofiel
    Admiral
    Admiral

Post by Skyler Sofiel Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:33 am

"Yeah I can stand," I said after Tristin pulled me up. "I... kinda feel a little more powerful.. it's hard to explain. Magical. I don't know." I said, struggling for the correct word.
    Keylee Sachael
    Keylee Sachael
    Admiral
    Admiral

Post by Keylee Sachael Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:43 am

When Lynette stood up the ground came with her. Behind her the sand on the beach rose up. It was shifting, like it was waiting for Lynette to move again. The sand looked alive and eager. I just starred, looking shocked. I pointed behind Lynette. "Um Lynette, I think you should turn around, but slowly." I felt a frantic buzzing in my head. I concentrated on it, trying to single out one voice so I could understand. I heard the familiar voice if the dolphins and listened. "The Queen, has given the all powerful gift! She can sift the sands, bend the air, set the trees to fire, make our ocean rumble with fury. We must praise her, our Queen would not give this lightly." I gave into the voices, becoming one with the dolphins, and repeated their words. The dolphins began jumping out of the water, they flipped in circles.
    Skyler Sofiel
    Skyler Sofiel
    Admiral
    Admiral

Post by Skyler Sofiel Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:48 am

My eyes grew wide as I slowly turned around. "What? But.. no.. this isn't possible.. Sand doesn't... fly." I said, moving my hands around. I thought I saw water from the ocean lift up when I moved my hands. I turned toward the ocean and moved my hands again. Yep, it was moving. With my command. "But.. huh? I'm confused.."
    Jace Hadraniel
    Jace Hadraniel
    Crewman
    Crewman

Post by Jace Hadraniel Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:56 am

Silver still had that lost look on her face, she seemed to be hearing more from the dolphins. I started at Lynette in shock as she raised the water. When she switched her focus to the water the sand fell back to the ground. "Lynette, I think the Queen has turned you into an elementalist. I'd be careful with they way you are moving your hands. You don't want to cause and earthquake or a tsunami to hit the pretty new city. Silver might not like that" Lynette seemed to be in awe of her new found power. "I'm going to call Zane and have him come see this." I said and pulled my phone out of my pocket.
    Skyler Sofiel
    Skyler Sofiel
    Admiral
    Admiral

Post by Skyler Sofiel Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:57 am

"Uhhuh.." I mumbled, staring at the water. I turned back around, luckily nothing moved that time. "I guess I better learn to stop talking with my hands, eh?"
    Zane Hadraniel
    Zane Hadraniel
    Commodore
    Commodore

Post by Zane Hadraniel Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:00 am

When I hung up the phone from talking to Tristin I hopped in my
    spaceship, anxious to see what he wanted me to see. All he had said was
    "Zane, I think you better come over here. There's something you need to
    see. And just track Lynette's, Silver's, or my spaceship."
    I landed on the island and ran to them. "What did you want me to see?" I asked.
    Skyler Sofiel
    Skyler Sofiel
    Admiral
    Admiral

Post by Skyler Sofiel Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:01 am

"This.." I said, lifting my hand which lifted the water. Zane's eyes widened.
    Zane Hadraniel
    Zane Hadraniel
    Commodore
    Commodore

Post by Zane Hadraniel Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:01 am

"I, uh.." I said, struggling for the words. "What happened?" I asked.
    Skyler Sofiel
    Skyler Sofiel
    Admiral
    Admiral

Post by Skyler Sofiel Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:02 am

"The queen of mermaids here threw a glowing gold ball at me, yes I'm okay, and now I can control the elements, I think."
    Keylee Sachael
    Keylee Sachael
    Admiral
    Admiral

Post by Keylee Sachael Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:11 am

I heard voices coming from the beach and broke away from the dolphins. Zane had arrived, Lynette was raising the water. "Be careful Lynette!" I yelled. " That makes the dolphins nervous, it seems you are a lot stronger than you think. If you were to quickly lift both of your arms, It could cause a tsunami big enough to take out the island. The dolphins were talking about it but its hard to understand them. It seems if you focus on an element you will be able to control it. You have to learn to feel the element, move your arms as if you were the element." The dolphins became loud in my head again. I sat back down and concentrated. I let out a gasp, they were talking about why Lynette was given her power.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:53 am